It used to be true that cannabis users had limited options when it came to consuming marijuana because state and federal laws made it illegal to do so. The times have changed, however, and now recreational cannabis use is legal in around a dozen states and territories, while medical cannabis use is legal in more than 30 states. As more and more states allow cannabis operators to sell marijuana at dispensaries, the number of marijuana-related products and accessories has greatly expanded. So, too, has the number of ways that a person can consume cannabis.
Variety of Cannabis Products Sold at Recreational Marijuana Dispensaries
Not only are there more geographical areas in which cannabis use is legal, but there are also more cannabis companies and a wider range of cannabis products available to marijuana retail store customers. Since marijuana now comes readily available in a variety of different forms, this means that cannabis users have several different options for consuming marijuana: they can inhale it, eat it, drink it, or even apply it as a cream to their skin. Of course, the specific options available to consumers in Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, Pennsylvania, or another state may vary, depending on the applicable state laws.
There are some of the most popular cannabis products that can be used to consume cannabis:
- Flower: The most widely used cannabis product has long been the traditional cannabis flower, which can be smoked with bongs and bowls that are available at most dispensaries. Billions of dollars of flower products are sold each year in the U.S., owing largely to the fact that this is the most common form of medical marijuana.
- Vape Cartridges: Vape concentrate cartridges are pre-filled with cannabis oil and then loaded into “vape pens” for use. The pre-filled vape cartridges can be found at many marijuana retail stores and are typically disposable after use, as opposed to more cost-effective refillable cartridges that can be reused multiple times.
- Pre-Rolled Joints: Another way to inhale marijuana flower is through a joint, which many users have been rolling themselves for years. Cannabis companies have made inroads in this segment of the market by selling consumer-ready pre-rolled joints in a variety of strains, flavors, and levels of potency.
- Gummies: The most popular edible for consuming marijuana is gummy candies. Users often enjoy the chewiness of gummies, as well as the flavor contrasts offered by sweet and sour candies infused with cannabis. Several cannabis companies specialize in gummies that contain cannabis oil.
- Chocolate Bars: Another edible that generates significant sales at legal cannabis dispensaries is chocolate bars, which can satisfy the user’s sweet tooth while also allowing for easy consumption of cannabis. In addition to chocolate bars, other popular forms of marijuana edibles include chocolate chip cookies, brownies, and taffy.
- Dropper: Cannabis droppers allow an individual to easily consume marijuana by dosing a liquid cannabis concentrate directly from a glass bottle into the user’s mouth. The liquid concentrate, also known as a “cannabis tincture,” comes in different flavors. The ease of use, variety of available flavor options, and ability to control and customize doses have led to a surge in popularity for dropper use in states where recreational marijuana is legal.
- Topical Products: Many cannabis consumers use cannabis-infused creams, gels, lotions, balms, lubricants, oils, and ointments to treat certain ailments. These cannabis topicals can be easily applied to the skin and provide the user with relief from moderate to severe pain, soreness, and inflammation.
- Wax: An alternative to shatter cannabis is wax cannabis, which is a highly potent type of hash oil concentrate with the consistency of sticky wax (or ear wax). Although weed wax might not be aesthetically pleasing to the eye, it does provide users with a strong high and up to 90% THC content.
Contact Scythian Cannabis Real Estate
Cannabis operators looking to expand into new states may find that the preferences of customers in these markets can vary. A proven cannabis real estate fund like Scythian Real Estate can assist cannabis companies with their operations as they look to open additional dispensaries. Scythian is a trusted real estate partner of major U.S. cannabis companies like The Green Solution and Grassroots Cannabis.
For more information, email Scythian Real Estate today.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS BLOG IS NEITHER AN OFFER TO SELL NOR A SOLICITATION OF AN OFFER TO BUY SECURITIES IN SCYTHIAN REAL ESTATE FUND.